The technology of the Gerresheimer Autoinjector:
Ideal for biopharmaceuticals and APIs
- Easy handling for the patient for single use
- Constant injection pressure
- Suitable for intramuscular or subcutaneous injection
- Ideal platform technology for a wide range of pharmaceutical formulations
- Excellent suitability for highly viscous solutions
- Injection volumes from 0.1 ml to 3.0 ml possible by using standard cartridges
- Superior delivery of viscous formulations:
Liquids with up to 100 cP can be applied.
- Pressurized system:
Due to the constant pressure on the cartridge, there is no initial pressure peak and air bubbles are reduced or dissolved completely.
- Flexible needle system:
Needle diameters from 22G to 31G are possible.
- Carpul system:
No contact of the formulation with the needle during storage, thus no additional primary packaging components such as tungsten or glue as usual for PFS.
- No accidental discharge:
Drug delivery activated only when injection needle is fully inserted, no separate trigger mechanism.
- Protection by own relevant IP claims: Worldwide patents are already granted
- Freedom to operate regarding third party rights
- Look and feel prototypes for demonstration purposes readily available